Everyone talks about their bucket list. At some time or another, probably everybody has sat down and penned one down. Literally. E-v-e-r-y-o-n-e.
And you know what?
I haven’t—which could possibly be embarrassing because I’m a writer, and writers should write about everything, and by everything, I certainly mean bucket lists.
So, here is my first attempt at writing a bucket list. Or two. I think I should definitely do two, because one will be normal and the other will be…well, let’s just see what happens.
Normal Bucket List
- Get married to the sweetest, godliest man on the face of the earth
- Have six of the most darling children ever
- Find an awesome kindred-spirit for a literary agent
- Sign a contract with a publisher who is passionate about my stories
- Win an award(s) for my novels
- Live in the country in an old farmhouse (preferably with a balcony)
- Homeschool my kids all the way through
- Become well-noted for my book cover design
- Bring kids to church on the church bus
- And be buried under a weeping willow tree (which technically shouldn’t be on this list, because a bucket list should only be things you wish to achieve in your lifetime…)
Other Bucket List
- Fly across the sea to the beautiful country of England
- March in the Jane Austen parade in Bath
- Become a stowaway on a train (you know, like the westerns?)
- Get proposed to in the rain
- Journey to somewhere no one else has ever been
- Model for someone’s historical book cover
- Visit the wild and dangerous West (Medicine Bow, Laramie, and Yuma)
- Play a bagpipe
- Watch one of my books become a movie
- Ride a stagecoach!
- Stay the night in an abandoned castle (perhaps on a cliffside)
- Drive a beat-down, old red Ford truck
- And build a library room in my future home
Well? How is that for starters? Do you have a bucket list? Tell me about it in the comments!