My Most Favorite Things
We all wander through life—some of us half oblivious, never noticing anything; others eager and observant, catching details as if they were going out of style.
But either way, we all stumble now and again upon an object, a moment, a thing that electrifies our souls. And suddenly, whatever it is becomes our favorite.
On and on roll the years, until we collect not just one, not just two—but a lifetime of favorite things. They reflect us. They inspire us. They comfort us. They delight us. They add individuality and color and passion to every single being who embraces them.
At only one and twenty, I cannot be expected to know all of my favorites. I have, nevertheless, discovered a few of them:
- The cool, delightful drops of a summer rain
- Old, red, clunky Ford trucks
- My beloved Bible
- Flowers, of all scents and shapes and sizes
- Silly, feathery antique hats
- A good ol’ 1950’s noir film
- All things romance
- Dear, sweet children (heaven bless me with a dozen, someday)
- Old postcards
- Vintage gowns and hoops and undergarments
- Steam locomotives
- Quiet, wheat-colored fields
- The loving wonder of the human touch
- Age-old poems
- A glass of milk and popcorn
- Celtic music
- Black-and-white westerns
- Mysterious, green mountains
- And of course, worlds that aren’t real
What about you? What are your favorite things?
I think we’d be very good friends as so much of this list are my favorites as well! Happy sigh. I’d add old lovely books, mugs of tea and a rainy afternoon 😊
Oh, I’m sure we would, Laura! Great things to add to the list, by the way. I also adore old books! 📚